Bishop Farrell was appointed Seventh Bishop of Dallas on March 6, 2007 by Pope Benedict XVI. He was installed as Bishop of Dallas May 1, 2007, succeeding Bishop Charles V. Grahmann who served as Sixth Bishop of Dallas from July 1990 until his resignation in July, 2007.
Most Reverend Kevin J. Farrell, D.D. Bishop of Dallas
Born: September 2, 1947, Dublin, Ireland
Education: M.A. Philosophy, Rome, 1970, S.T.L. Rome, 1977
Ordained: December 24, 1978, Rome; February 11, 2002 Auxiliary Bishop, Washington, D.C.
- 1979 – University Chaplain, Monterrey, Mexico
- 1983 – St. Thomas Apostle Parish, Archdiocese of Washington, D.C.
- 1985 – Director of Catholic Charities and the Spanish Catholic Center, Archdiocese of Washington, D.C.
- 1987 – Vicar for Administration, Archdiocese of Washington, D.C.
- 2001 – Vicar General and Moderator of the Curia, Archdiocese of Washington, D.C., Auxiliary Bishop of Washington
- February 11, 2002 – Auxiliary Bishop of the Archdiocese of Washington
- May 1, 2007 – Bishop of the Diocese of Dallas
- Committee on Budget and Finance for the USCCB
- Committee on Divine Worship for the USCCB
- Committee on National Collections for the USCCB, Chairman
- Committee on Migration for the USCCB, Consultant
- Task Force on Promotion of Vocations to the Priesthood and Consecrated Life for the USCCB
- Basilica of the National Shrine of the Immaculate Conception, Member
- New Evangelization of America, President
- International Eucharistic Congresses in Rome, National Delegate
- Friends of the Pontifical Irish College in Rome, Inc., Member
- The Papal Foundation, Board of Trustees